Homeopathy Treatment for Weight Loss / Obesity
Obesity is defined as a chronic complex condition with excess amount of BODY FAT.
OBESITY is a state of excess adipose tissue mass.
Common Methods to measure obesity are BMI, BCA, Waist Hip Ratio and Height weight ratio.
The most widely used method to gauge obesity is the Body Mass Index (BMI).
Classification of Adults according to BMI (Wt in Kg / Ht x Ht in mt)
|Classification||Revised BMI for Adult Asians||BMI for Other Nationalities|
|Normal Range||18.5-23||18.5 – 24.9|
|Overweight||>23||25 – 29.9|
|Obese Class I||≥ 25||30 – 34.9|
|Obese Class II||35 – 39.9|
Common Causes of Obesity are Inactivity and Unhealthy diet and eating habits.
Medical Causes of Obesity & Weight Gain
2. Poly cystic Ovarian Syndrome
3. Drug Induced
7. Insulin Resistance & Hyperinsulinemia
8. Diabetes mellitus Type 2
- Fatigue / Weakness
- Intolerance to cold
- Muscle aching and cramps
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
- Dry, rough skin
- Coarse hair or hair loss
- Face and legs swelling
- Deeper and/or hoarse voice
- Enlarged tongue
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Slowed thinking and mental activity
- Infertility and pregnancy related problems-miscarriages
Weight Management in Hypothyroidism
Most people with hypothyroidism tend to experience abnormal weight gain and difficulty losing weight until hormone levels stabilize. Moreover, it’s common for patients with Graves’ disease to experience periods of high and low thyroid hormone levels, so it may take several months to achieve a balance. During this time, it is essential clients focus on healthful behaviors such as eating nutritious foods, exercising regularly, managing stress, and sleeping adequately rather than focus on the numbers on the scale.
2. Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
PCOS is one of the leading causes of infertility in females. It is a endocrinal disorder which presents with group of symptoms
- Irregular periods
- Central obesity
- Insulin resistance
- Hirsutism ( excessive facial hair)
- Skin pigmentation
- Androgenic alopecia
- Infertility Strong Family History of Diabetes
- Strong Family History of Diabetes
PCOD symptoms that may develop gradually include
- Weight gain or upper body obesity (more around the abdomen than the hips).
- Male-pattern baldness or thinning hair (alopecia).
- Repeat miscarriages, the cause for which is not known.
- Inability to become pregnant (infertility).
- Symptoms of too much insulin (hyperinsulinimea) and insulin resistance.
- Skin changes, such as skin tags or dark, velvety skin patches under the arm, on the neck, or in the groin and genital area.
- Breathing problems while sleeping (obstructive sleep apnea).
- Affected sense of well-being, sexual satisfaction, and overall quality of life leading to depression.
- Pelvic pain
- Ovarian cysts
3. Drug Induced Weight Gain :
Certain Medicines can lead to weight gain in women are
- Some Oral Contraceptives
- Anti convulsants
- Milk like discharge in breast
- blurring of vision,
- Menstrual irregularities,
- weight gain
It is a period of change, Hormonal, Physical & Emotional. It marks the end of menstruation and child-bearing years. Weight Gain During Menopause will happen if you don’t maintain an active lifestyle . Average weight gain is 5-10 lbs. About half of women aged 45-64 are overweight . The risk to your health due to excess weight in this age includes Diabetes, Hypertension, Cancer and Stroke
Complications of Obesity
Diabetes, Hypertension, Hyperlipedemia, Cardio Vascular disease, Sleep Apnea , Osteoarthritis (OA),
Infertility, Menstrual irregularities, Gall stone, Disc Prolapse, GOUT, GERS, certain cancers.
Treatment of Obesity
- Dietary Modification
- Introduction of suitable exercise
- No Crash Diet
- Homeopathy provides a safe and sure long term treatment for obesity.
- It helps in treating the underlying causes of obesity eg. Hormonal problems or psychosomatic disorders.
- Homeopathic medicine also helps in increasing the metabolism of the body which in turn helps in weight loss.
- It helps in improving digestion. It also helps to curb craving and deal with deficiencies.
- Homeopathic medicines do not have any side effects even if taken for a longer time and can be used even for treating Kids under proper supervision.
- They are Non-Hormonal, Non appetite suppressant and Non Habit forming