What Is Menopause?
“Menopause” can describe any of the changes a woman goes through either just before or after she stops menstruating, marking the end of her reproductive period. It happens when the ovaries no longer make estrogen and progesterone, two hormones needed for a woman& fertility, and periods have stopped for 1 year. Menopause occurs anywhere between late forties and early fifties
The process is gradual and has three stages:
• Perimenopause . This typically begins several years before menopause, when the ovaries gradually make less estrogen. Perimenopause lasts up until menopause, the point when the ovaries stop releasing eggs. In the last 1 to 2 years of perimenopause, the drop in estrogen quickens. At this stage, many women have menopause symptoms.
• Menopause. This is the point when it’s been a year since a woman last had her last menstrual period. At this stage, the ovaries have stopped releasing eggs and making most of their estrogen.
• Postmenopause. These are the years after menopause. During this stage, menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes ease for most women. But health risks related to the loss of estrogen rise as the woman ages.
Each woman experiences menopause differently. Although it also ends fertility, you can stay healthy, vital and sexual.
Symptoms of Menopause:
Following symptoms might be experiences in the months or years leading up to menopause (peri-menopause):
- Weight gain and slowed metabolism
- Sleep problems
- Mood changes
- Irregular periods
- Vaginal dryness
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Thinning hair and dry skin
- Loss of breast fullness
- Heart palpitations.
- Headaches and backaches Fatigue.
- Loss of libido, that is decreased or
- loss of interest in sex.
- Changes in skin and hair.
- Urinary Incontinence.
- Osteoporosis (thinning of bones) -Postmenopausal women are at higher risk.
Homeopathy for Effective treatment of Menopause
Homeopathy is natural and safe way for treatment of menopausal symptoms without use of any hormones. It helps in treating physical and emotional symptoms
Homeopathic medicines help in controlling symptoms like
- Hot Flushes , Night Sweats
- Excessive weight gain, Blotting, water retention
- Sleep Disturbances
- Psychological disturbances
- Mood swings, irritability, depression, sensitivity and tearfulness (feel like crying)
- Changes in skin and hair
- It also helps to reduce osteoporosis
- It does not cause any harmful side effects
- It can be taken for long time
- Take enough calcium in your diet can help strengthen your bones.
- Eat a healthy diet, which includes fruits, vegetables and grains, reduce sugar and salt intake.
- Exercise regularly
- Doing Kegel exercise for your pelvic floor muscles to control urinary incontinence
- Avoid tight clothing
- Use vaginal lubricants or moisturizers for dryness of the vagina or painful intercourse.
- Avoiding caffeinated drinks, alcohol. These beverages can make the blood vessels dilate and worsen hot flashes. Quit smoking.